We've tried Blue Apron, the meal subscription service, a few times before and really like it. Lately, some of our friends have been raving about using it for at-home date nights—they cook the recipes with their significant others, while cracking a bottle of wine. You don't have to worry about meal planning or grocery shopping—it's like a date-night-in-a-box! So, we decided to try that out...
We made these crispy sweet corn and pea fritters, which were delicious! It was a refreshing change to cook together—Alex usually listens to music on his headphones while cooking, while I work on my laptop in the bedroom or answer Toby's fiftieth request for a glass of water. :) And we also learned new cooking techniques—the recipes and instructions are more fun and engaging than just boiling (our usual) pasta water.
Overall, here's how Blue Apron works:
* Every week, Blue Apron delivers a box with ingredients for three meals.
* A box with three meals for two adults was $59.94 with free delivery, which averages out to $9.99 per person for each meal.
* When you sign up, you can specify which foods you do and don't eat. For example, you can tell them you're a vegetarian or pescetarian. They'll be happy to accommodate.
* There’s no commitment, so you can skip a week or cancel anytime.
* They deliver to most of the United States. (See a map here.)
Do you cook with your significant other? Would you try Blue Apron? It would also make a sweet wedding present, or a lovely gift for someone who has a new baby, a new job or anything else big going on in their lives.
Bonus for all readers: If you'd like to try it out, Blue Apron is offering two free meals for the first 250 people who click through and get a box.
Thank you so much!
P.S. More date nights: Fire-escape drinks and trapeze classes.
(This post was sponsored by Blue Apron. Photos by Yossy Arefi of Apt 2B. Baking Co. for Cup of Jo. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that make Cup of Jo possible.)