Since our second baby is due any minute now, Alex and I have been brainstorming ways to make our routines easier this summer. One idea was to try out Blue Apron, the meal subscription service, which delivers a box every week with fresh ingredients for three meals. We tried it this week, and here's how it went...
Blue Apron sent us a box to try out, and my jaw dropped when we opened it up. It was so organized! Every ingredient had its own packet—a piece of steak, two red peppers, two sprigs of oregano...so bright and fresh! It was weirdly satisfying to everything laid out so neatly.
The three meals this week were:
* Cod with Parmesan-Crusted Squash & Roasted Red Potatoes
* Steak with Salsa Rossa & Broccoli Rabe
* Chicken Banh Mi with Sesame Salad
(Here are more recipes, if you'd like to see)
Alex whipped up the first meal for us, and it was delicious. It was also fun to try new recipes, and much more exciting to eat fresh fish with vegetables than our usual scrambled eggs for dinner :) It felt really gourmet.
Overall, here's how Blue Apron works:
* Every week, Blue Apron delivers a box with ingredients for three meals.
* You can choose between two plans: poultry/meat/fish or vegetarian.
* There’s no commitment, so you can cancel anytime.
* A box with three meat/fish/poultry meals for two adults was $59.95 with free delivery.
* They deliver to most of the eastern United States (see a map here)
Would you guys try something like this? Such an awesome idea for new parents or just busy people in general, and it would make a great gift for someone with a new baby, a new job or anything else major going on in their lives.
Bonus for all readers: The first 200 people to sign up for the service will get 30% off their first delivery. You can also sign up for Blue Apron's free recipe newsletter to get weekly dinner ideas, if you'd like.
And a couple pasta photos from last week's box... :)
(This post was sponsored by Blue Apron. Photos by Karen Mordechai of Sunday Suppers. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that make Cup of Jo possible.)