Last week's challenge was to interview your parents. If you did it, did you find out anything surprising? I did...
My dad's coming to visit this weekend, so I'm interviewing him then, but I chatted with my mom on the phone, and here's what I learned...
* My mom made a TV commercial for a local clothing store when she was in high school. She was a sales assistant at the store, making minimum wage of $1.60 an hour.
* Her favorite food growing up was chicken and now it's lobster.
* She's a huge Jane Austen fan and just read all her major novels this spring on a Kindle. Her favorites were Mansfield Park and Emma.
* In sixth grade, she had a HUGE crush on Gregory Peck. Her adult celebrity crushes have included Patrick Stewart, Niles from Fraiser and the dad from Growing Pains.
* If she could be anything, she'd love to be an actress, like Emma Thompson. She'd also love to be able to sing, since she can't carry a tune.
* If money were no object, she would rent a villa in Italy for a month and have everyone in the family come visit. We'd have meals outdoors, swim in the pool and walk into town. She'd also love to go on a safari, but the ones that aren't scary.
What are some fun facts about your parents? I'd love to hear! xo
P.S. Having babies in Paris.