My dears, I'm looking for a top-notch editorial intern for Cup of Jo this fall (to help with the juggle). Do you know anyone who might be interested?
Here are the details, below...
About the internship:
* 10 hours per week. The schedule can be flexible.
* A bunch of different tasks, including scouting for posts and products; assisting with round-up posts; conducting interviews; doing blog formatting/coding and admin (I'll show you how); sizing photos; running blog-related errands (e.g., buying flowers for photo shoots, going to the post office), and providing general administrative and editorial support.
* Commitment of at least 3-4 months, starting around September 1st.
* Ideally based in NYC. You can work remotely (from your home) most of the time, but it would be great to work together sometimes.
* Unpaid, but with perks: Exposure on Cup of Jo, learning the ins-and-outs of how blogs work behind-the-scenes, learning how to run a small business, jokes, high fives from Toby, tons and tons of gratitude.
About the intern:
* Reads Cup of Jo.
* Fluent in the blog world.
* VERY detail oriented and precise.
* Great sense of style/fashion/design (for research and scouting purposes...you don't have to dress fancy:)
* Fluent in the online shopping world.
* Adept at internet research.
* A nice email manner.
* Takes work seriously.
* Cheerful, creative and hardworking.
* Punctual, efficient and adept at meeting deadlines.
* Outgoing and comfortable approaching strangers on the street.
* Bonus: Having your own blog.
* Bonus: Experience in graphic design and Photoshop.
* Bonus: Based in New York City (since we'll need to work together at times, especially during training).
Full disclosure: This internship will sometimes be fun—but will also sometimes be boring! It can't be helped! :)
If you're interested, please email cupofjointern at gmail dot com with a bit about yourself and your resume. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
(Photo by Crystin Moritz)