Little Lina turns 28 today!
Twenty (of the many) reasons I love Lina:
1. She looks like a pixie.
2. She makes me laugh all day long.
3. She wears cool sunglasses.
4. She brings us sandwiches for lunch.
5. She reads tons of books and can recommend books based on people's personalities.
6. She detects gas leaks in the office (even when there aren't any).
7. She leaves half eaten food everywhere. Wait.....that's not a reason.
7. She calls me "Special," which makes me feel happy.
8. She says wise things, like that people are more transparent than they think and that all sandwiches taste better on toast. She's also great at Taboo.
9. She is tiny but strong, independent but loyal, sarcastic but sweet.
10. She comes up with funny slang, like Goldfish and Non-Starter.
11. She goes with you to the doctor if you're scared.
12. She knows all the juicy celebrity gossip.
13. She's brilliant at her job; she can diffuse any tricky situation beautifully and keeps everything in perspective.
14. She loves her family and has 20,000 cool cousins.
15. She listens to us all talk endlessly about our neuroses and never makes us feel weird.
16. She's always game for a party; she'll come at the beginning, mingle famously, break hearts and be one of the last to leave.
17. She takes strolls through Central Park in three-inch heels.
18. She makes a killer lasagna.
19. She knits clothes for babies.
20. She's my favorite partner in crime. She makes every day more fun. I hope we grow old together.
(Photo by Heidi Swanson.)